Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 2 & 3 Roma

Well Space Cadets,

Sorry I have left you out to dry for a few days .... I have been having fun well trying too anyways ...

As some of you already know my puppy well fully grown dog was very sick, and subsequently passed away Yesterday afternoon Saturday 29th October ... So I have as I am sure you understand  subsequently not in the mood to type or talk about the things I have been doing.

But lets talk ab about Rome Day 2 - Well today we had a ancient Rome tour with a tour guide called wait for it Fabio ... had to bite my lip a little ...

But in the end he was knowledgeable but almost no one could hear him not because he had his lips sewn shut but because the tour company Carrani keeps hiring the cheapest RF transmitters and receivers so as soon as you farther that 4 meters away from your guide you start losing audio ... 

The American tourists in our group well doing a excellent job of letting Fabio know about it ...

I'll let the pictures tell the story ...

Start of the day ... Oh what's that over my left shoulder :)

A little closer to the main event 



The detail of this .... try getting to do this much work nowadays



A big bronze door lol




A little too serious ... at the colosseum





Day 3 Roma ....
Well today we had a tour of the Vatican Museum, St. Peters Church and all the trimmings ...

All I can say I throughly enjoyed this whole day ... It just amazed me walking through the Vatican Museum and seeing that the Museum itself was the Museum not the artifact laying within it's walls ... we got a chance to see the Sistine Chapel and the amazing Fresco's by Michaelangelo ... then we got snuck into the crypts of some of the past pope's including Pope John Paul II

The whole day was just humbling ... then walked into St. Peters Church ... and the size of this building was unexplainable .... Just amazing ...

Again I'll let the pics do the talking ...






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment